The world has rapidly gone digital and it is no wonder that digital marketing has become one of the biggest marketing methods over the years due to its effectiveness and reach. And what has made digital marketing a success is proper implementations and strategy for optimization. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the best way to drive traffic to your website without shelling out a fortune to do so.
Before we move on to the best strategy for SEO, let’s discuss what SEO is.
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimisation is a process that helps a business rank higher in search results along with driving traffic to your business through search engines. This is the most important way to increase organic traffic and create a niche for your business in the digital world. Having worked in digital marketing organizations for almost a decade, I recommend understand the ins and outs of how SEO functions before looking up strategies for your business. And taking the help of an expert can always be beneficial to your company. After all, while you know what is most beneficial for you company, I can help you strategise and implement those strategies to get the desired results.
Here are a few methods that I recommend:
Create & Plan your Strategy
The first and foremost step once you have analyzed what your business needs have a foolproof strategy. Taking every requirement into consideration, it is necessary to create a strategy that does not have any loopholes. By understanding one’s business, one can plan a number of things that could help in driving traffic to the business through organic optimization.
It is important to understand how to optimally allocate resources to cover every part of your strategy. Thing would include the web space, people working for your business, funds, ad everything else that is needed to help your business grow. However, focusing on just one aspect while leaving the rest to chance can drastically impact your business. By coming up with a good strategy, you can ensure optimum allocation.
Budget and Time Frame
Once you have a set strategy, it is easier to understand the approximate budget you would require to increase traffic to your website. Understanding how and where you would need to spend and how to go about it will give you an estimation of the budget needed and well as the time in which to ensure the increase in traffic.
Once you have the budget and strategy in place, it is time to plan your keywords. I recommend the use of ubersuggest.io to find the right keywords. You can get a fair idea about keywords through this tool which will, in turn, help you understand what would work best for your business and what wouldn’t. The best way to do this is to make a list of keywords and save it in a spreadsheet that you can go over from time to time.
Additionally, you can also check search volumes while researching keywords. I suggest using Google AdWord keyword planner for the same or Google trends since that is exactly what would determine your business reach.
How to Analyse a Website?
Website analysis is an important part of understanding what a business needs. But how do you do it? Here are a few steps I recommend you to try:
- Audit the entire website. This includes everything, from the content to the images used and the website themes. By looking at it from a user’s point of view, you can figure out exactly where the website is going wrong.
- Check for duplicate content in the site by using the Copyscape tool. While there are many plagiarism checkers, Copyscape is the most reliable one I have come across.
- Check the age of the domain.
- Check relevant pages as per keywords to optimize them.
On Page Changes
You would need to make a few on-page changes as well to make sure your website get the best use out of the resourced being used. Here’s what I suggest:
- Check the web page speed use with the pagespeed insight tool & tools.pigdom.com. These are highly recommended.
- Add schema tags on your website to show more informative results for users. If you are unsure about how to add schema tags, this article can be of help
- It is important that you add title tags on every page. Remember that the character limit for the title tag is up to 70 characters or max. 600 pixel.
- Make sure you add a meta description tag on every page including keywords. Meta descriptions, too, have a character limit up to 156-160 characters.
- In order to check the character length of the title and the meta descriptions, I recommend using Google SERP Preview Tool.
- Canonical tags are utilized to declare a single page as its own source or for duplicate pages to reference their source/originating page. Add a link tag to the head of the HTML code. For example, to designate www.harshadrawool.com with the canonical tag, the code would resemble:
<link rel=”canonical” href=”http://harshadrawool.com” />
- Create sitemap.xml by using xml-sitemaps.com. Add the file in the root domain once you have generated it.
- Create robots.txt by simply using notepad and saving the file as robots.txt as the file name. Once saved, upload it on the root domain! Here’s a glimpse:
- Verify your site in search engine by creating a webmaster tool. Add your site in GWT, i.e. Google Search Console.
- Create an account in Google Analytics for analysis. Make sure you add this code on every page you want to track. Also, set the goals in google analytics for conversion.
Off Page Activities
There are various methods to boost your business through off-page activities. Here are a few that I recommend:
- In every off-page activity, it is vital to submit links in sites that are widely known or in high authority sites. I would recommend the use of open site explorer tool to check the domain authority of the submission sites in order to figure out which one you can go for.
- Another method to boost your business is by adding your business in various business directories. This ensures a digital presence of your business, adding further light to your business.
- Blogs are the most devoured content today. I suggest posting your content in guest blogging sites. It is certainly the best way to ensure views to your content.
- Social Media is another booming field that shows no signs of stopping. By posting your content on social networking sites, you can get an even higher reach.
- Create your ads in classifieds sites. This can give you clicks and views even if your target audience is not outright searching for your business.
- I believe that local search engine directories are a great way of unearthing new businesses. Listing your business in local search engine directories can give your business the jump start it needs.
Advanced SEO Tools
SEO cannot work without certain vital tools. Of the advanced tools, I recommend the following for best results:
Apart from the ones mentioned above, you can also make use of these extra tools that can be used for SEO:
Keyword Ranking Tool: The best keyword ranking tool you can use for your business is SERPBook.com.
Dead Backlink Checker: To check for dead backlinks, I strongly recommend Deadlinkchecker.com as your go-to website. This makes sure your backlinks are performed.
Generate Blog Titles: To generate blog titles, here are a few links I recommend for best results:
I do hope this has helped you understand how to promote your business digitally along with & too in order to gain more organic traffic to your websites.
In case you have any more queries or wish to dig deeper within how SEO functions, get in touch with me at email@example.com