Pay-Per-Click or PPC advertising is a form of internet marketing in which advertisers pay a fee to the advertising medium i.e. Google Search, YouTube, Facebook etc., every time one of their advertisement is clicked.
This is a way to ‘buy’ visits to your site, instead of waiting for traffic to generate naturally. There is always room for improvement in PPC marketing. Let us understand this using a simple example.
You spend the next few weeks exercising rigorously, and eating a balanced diet, which results in you losing a significant amount of weight and gaining little muscle. Now you are content with the results, so you stop working out and start stuffing yourself with unhealthy junk food. You cannot avoid losing the muscle and putting the weight right back on!
The same happens in a PPC marketing campaign. If you spend a month remodeling your account and improving results, you cannot just abandon it out of the blue. Your PPC marketing management requires constant monitoring and improvisation.
A successful PPC marketing campaign strategy requires extensive knowledge and testing, and even the smallest changes can make a huge impact on the overall performance of a PPC effort. Achieving success using PPC advertising, leans on the optimization of your PPC campaigns efficiently and avoiding common PPC mistakes.
Here are few Quick Tips To Optimize Your PPC Campaign Marketing Strategy’s Performance:
1. Define a goal and plan. Your goal and action plan is the groundwork of your PPC marketing campaign. They form a necessary and objective-centered flowchart of action. Keep them measurable to track your achievements.
2. Select relevant keywords. Choose the best keywords for your services or product, relevant to your segmented (targeted audience) list, minimizing generic terms. Review their performance report, and identify keywords performing to your advantage. Some keywords are exceptional performers, increasing impressions and conversions; assign a bid or expand on these. Then there are keywords that have no impressions; improvise them and review their performance. If there is no improvement, delete them. Some keywords generate impressions but no clicks; ensure that these keywords are carefully targeted so that a user sees a relevant advertisement to their search query. Some keywords also have clicks but no conversions; in this case, check the reports for the keywords to identify the root cause.
Also include a negative keyword list that filters out unwanted traffic and saves money that would be on irrelevant clicks. This makes the advertisements more targeted, focused and conversion-oriented. When your CTR and conversions rise, the cost-per-click reduces and improves the quality score resulting in your advertisements being shown more frequently and having a lower Cost-Per-Click.
3. Optimize your content. Content optimization is the process of improving the composition and performance of a site’s elements, and has extensively developed with time. It is critical to think like a user when devising content. Analyze the content’s performance, and the audience it reaches. The PPC campaign is like a plumbing system, and its optimization is like finding a leak in the system. You have to detect the source of the leak source and fix it.
4. Create an appealing landing page. The purpose of PPC advertising is to drive traffic to a web page correlating with your advertisement. Create this landing page to look professional, attractive, and user-friendly. Always ensure that your advertisements are directed to its landing page, and not the homepage or generic landing page for all advertisements. Remember, you have full control of it, so ensure highlighting the benefits, features and proposal that you advertised.
Also, run a speedtest to ensure that its load time is acceptable.
5. Create compelling PPC ads. The advertisement introduces you to potential customers, so create irresistible material. Captivate their attention by creating an appealing headline. Keep your advertisement straightforward; avoid using irrelevant words and include words that add value to your product or service, and avoid the use of generic phrases like ‘click here’. Use creative expressions that prompt users to click links.
6. Use ad extensions. Ad Extensions are the advertising formats that display additional information about your products or services, helping your customers get information regarding you and your products and services in the most favorable way. Ad Extensions boosts your visibility, escalates the Click-Through-Rate and elevates the overall Return-On-Investment. You can use any one of the following Ad Extension to optimize and benefit from your PPC marketing management strategy:
- Sitelinks Extensions: Sitelinks extensions are the additional links in the advertisements that direct visitors to reach their desired location on your website. These extensions provide links to additional landing pages to give more specific options.
- Call Extensions: Call extensions allow visitors to call you with the help of just one click. This makes it easy for the potential customers to call you.
- Location Extensions: Local extensions improve your advertisements by displaying your physical address, contact number, and a map to show directions to reach to your location. They make it easy for local customers to reach out to you quickly.
- App Extensions: App extensions come in the form of links just below your advertisements and direct the visitors to the App Store, or provide a download link for downloading the application.
- Review Extensions: Review extensions come from online reviews, which online customers highly trust and look for.
It is recommended to never forget to track and monitor your PPC campaign’s data and results in depth, especially 24 hours after it has been uploaded. PPC requires constant monitoring to give it the best possible outcome. You can see every part of where your money is going if you take the time to look, using this marketing approach.
The data that is recorded by conversion tracking, gives you a perception of the profitable and non-profitable data, so that you can optimize them for maximum performance. Conversion tracking has to be a constant activity, not a one-time action. Consistency and motivation will help improve your conversion rates and stand out amongst competition.
Positively, by using these tips for optimization, you can effectively improve the performance of your PPC campaigns and yield better results.